WHO WE ARE
Christian Faith Church Overview (CFC)
We believe church is not just about us but should be a nurturing place for the hurting to find freedom in Lord, learn their true identity in Him, and fulfill their God-given purpose. Come and experience God’s presence and then go impact the world.
Lynn & Linda B.
TENETS OF FAITH
The following doctrine taught and preached by and to the members of this church shall contain the following:
1. The scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired, the product of holy men of old who spoke and wrote as they were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21).
2. God has revealed Himself as a triune being, but manifested in three personalities as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Isa. 48:16; Mt. 28:19; Lk. 3:22).
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, is divine, and shares in the Deity of God as the second person in the Holy Trinity (Mt. 1:23; Jn. 5:22-23; 2 Jn. 3; Heb. 1:1-3).
4. Man is created being, made in the likeness and image of God.
5. Man’s only hope of redemption from the stain of sin is through the shed blood of Christ, the Son of God (Lk. 24:47).
6. The true Church is the Body of Christ (1Cor. 12:12-27), not intended to be the edifice or institution, but the habitation of God through the Holy Spirit.
7. The Mission of the Church is:
.to be an agency for evangelizing to the world (Acts 1:8; Mt. 28:19,20; Mk. 16:15-16)
.to be a corporate body in which man may worship God (1 Cor. 12:13)
.to be a channel of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son (Eph. 4:11-16; 1 Cor. 12:28; 14:12).
8. The Ordinances of the Church are:
. Baptism in water
. Holy Communion of the Lord’s Supper.
9. Every believer is entitled to, should seek for, and should expect to receive the “Baptism in The Holy Spirit”.
10. The Baptism of all born again believers “in the Holy Spirit” is always witnessed by the physical evidence of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives them utterance (Acts 2:4)
11. Divine healing is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, the laying on of hands (Mk. 16:18; Jas. 5:14-15), fervent prayer (Jas. 5:16), and is the privilege of every believer who will accept it (Lk. 5:15).
12. Sanctification is a definite yet progressive work of grace, as taught in the Scriptures, which leads to holiness (Rom. 6.22)
13. God by the Holy Spirit, definitely calls whom He desires, both male and female, to serve in the five-fold ministry ( Eph. 4:11), and qualifies the ones called with power, talents, wisdom, and gifts pertaining to that office or offices ( 1 Cor. 12:28).
14. We believe that all Christian’s (including ministers) should pay tithes into the storehouse (Mal. 3:10-11).
15. We believe in the Pre-millennial coming of our Lord in the clouds, to catch us away His Bride, the Church.
16. The second coming of Christ includes the “catching away” (rapture) of the “Church” (saints) (1 Thes. 4:16-17), followed by the actual visible return of Christ with His saints to reign with Him on earth for one thousand years (Zech. 14:5; Mt 24:27, 30; Rev. 1:7; 19:11-14; 20:1-6).
17. There will be a final judgment in which the dead will be raised and judged according to their works.
18. “We according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwelleth rightousness” (2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1).
19. Five-fold Ministry: We believe in the full restoration of the five-fold ascension gift ministries. Jesus Christ sent to equip and mature the Church: apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelist, and teachers for their mission to equip and perfect the saints for ministry (2 Pet. 1:21, Eph. 2:20, 4:11-16)
20. Theocratic Local Church Government: We believe in the theocratic (God-ruled) local church government functioning with plurality of eldership and leadership, and with a Lead Pastor nurturing the flock with distinctive annointing of God.(Acts 13:1-3, Phil. 1:1, 1 Tim. 3:1)
21. Delegated Jurisdiction and Authority: We believe that Jesus Christ has delegated His jurisdiction and authority to the local church government for recognition, ordination, and setting apart for specific ministries (Eph. 4:11, Acts 13:2, Rom. 11:29, 12:6, 1 Cor. 12:28)
22. Marriage: We resolve that as a matter of belief, doctrine, and religious practice, we (Christian Faith Church) reserve the term “marriage” for the covenant relationship between one man (naturally born) and one woman ( naturally born) to the exclusion of all others, which has always been our belief.*
*Member Participation in the Solemnization and Celebration of Marriage:
We resolve that members of Christian Faith Church laity and clergy will be allowed to arrange for or officiate at the solemnization or celebration of a marriage only when it conforms to Christian Faith Church’s statements regarding marriage. We believe the Bible teaches that marriage is intended by God to be a life-long covenant of a relationship of Christ and His Church. This biblical and traditional understanding of marriage is the basis of strong, healthy families, and is therefore to be nourished and defended by the local church and all members of this ministry. (Gen. 19, Lev. 8:22, Rom. 1:26-27 and 1 Cor. 6:9-10)
MEET THE PASTORS
Bethany & Robert H.
Joy & John T.
Lauren & Benjamin W.